Support fairer food labelling
For years CHOICE supporters have been campaigning for a Health Star Rating system that works, and food labels that clearly identify added sugar.
Now we have a real chance of getting some meaningful reforms over the line.
Together we can show Health Ministers we want a Health Star Rating system that:
- is mandatory;
- doesn’t let salty or sugary snacks receive a higher rating than they deserve;
- is free from undue industry influence;
and added sugar labelling that:
- clearly shows the amount of added sugars in the Nutrition Information Panel;
- shows which names added sugar is hiding under (there are over 40 of them!);
- displays teaspoons of sugar on sugar-sweetened beverages.